What this policy covers
The Information We Collect
When you use this Website (including filling in forms, registering to use our Website, purchasing products and services), we may collect the following information from you:
Identity Data: may include first name, last name, title, username.
Contact Data: may include e-mail address, billing address, postal address, telephone number; and mobile number.
Financial Data: may include your bank account and payment card details.
Transactional Data: may include details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data: may include IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences and feedback.
Usage Data: may include information about how you use our Website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data that identifies you as an individual. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- When we need to perform the contract between us;
- We may, with your consent, periodically send you promotional emails with latest articles, features and new products or other information we think may be of interest to you, using the email address provided by you;
- We may also use your information to contact you from time to time for market research purposes so we can continue to improve the user experience of our site and the product and service offering;
- We may disclose your information in aggregate form to third parties. When this is done, no personally identifying information is ever disclosed. For example advertisers may want to know the number of site visitors or page views within a given period of time. This aggregate information may be disclosed to potential business partners;
- We may need to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- We may need to notify you about changes to this Website or our products and services.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse them or warn you before accepting them. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website as some cookies are essential to the operation of the site. You can choose to delete cookies at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access our site more quickly and efficiently including but not limited to login details.
If you use a ‘Tweet’ link on beingeve.net to share content on twitter, twitter sets a cookie to remember that you’ve already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://twitter.com/privacy.
If you use a Google + link on beingeve.net to share content on Google +, Google sets a cookie to remember that you’ve already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
If you use a ‘like’ or ‘send’ link on beingeve.net to share content on Facebook, Facebook sets a cookie to remember that you’ve already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Our service providers provide us with a variety of administrative, statistical, and technical services. We will only provide service providers with the minimum amount of personal data they need to fulfil the services we request, and we stipulate that they protect this information and do not use it for any other purpose. Our service providers include: Mailchimp, Stripe, Google Analytics, PayPal.
Links To Other Websites
How We Store Your Information
Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that unfortunately the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when doing so. Any transmission of your data is at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We may occasionally share your information with selected third parties including for the purpose of:
- payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing; and
- compiling statistics including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the legal obligations of the third party. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information.
We may be legally required in certain circumstances to disclose your personal information to third parties, examples of such circumstances could include, but not limited to the following:
- If our company were acquired by a third party, in which case your data will be deemed as one of the transferred assets.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request deletion of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data (including first name. last name and email address) for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ option included in all emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
How do you remove your account from our database?
You can contact us to request for your account to be closed at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you obtain information held about you?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us at email@example.com
5 Radnor Road